Do not fall victim thinking that in such disruption, quality is not important. It is totally the opposite; your clients and customers are looking for quality and excellence to make sure they will gain Return on Investment “ROI”; it is consumer behavior; when a customer does not have much to spend, they spend wisely.
Quality is a cost-saving mechanism
When investing in good quality, this reduces the costs of poor quality can significantly. It should be no brainer for companies to determine competitive, profit inducing prices for their devices and services. In fact, the well-known equation is Manufacturing costs + Profit margin = Price. However, this seemingly simple and straight forward equation quickly sells itself a bit short, once diving deeper into the question of how many companies are actually fully aware of the quality-related costs that keep piling up when moving along the production chain?”
Cost of Poor Quality is not only associated with the production of goods and services; it is associated with a broader range of cost elements of organizational management. This article illustrates the European Foundation of Quality Management “EFQM” Framework
The EFQM Model is a globally-recognized management framework that allows organizations to achieve success by measuring where they are on the path towards transformation, helping them to understand the gaps and possible solutions available, and empowering them to progress and significantly improve their organizations.
4830 companies got recognized from EFQM worldwide from 2008 till now. In UAE, 29 companies got recognized, From Banking, Finance, Insurance Sector 69 companies got accredited; 366 companies are awarded the EFQM excellence award from 1992 till 2017. See the list
Organizational excellence is dedicated to providing consultation to companies so that they can get accredited as “Committed to Excellence Certificate” (C2E) from one of the most prestigious organizations in Business Excellence in the world; EFQM
Also to assess and diagnose the implementation of the EFQM Excellence model, review and update the current processes, policies, and procedures to respond to the EFQM Excellence Model requirements, promote excellence culture among the organization employees by conducting a set of awareness sessions, and finally to evaluate the outcome of enhancement through Mock EFQM assessment and fix areas for improvement sought during the assessment.
The project scope includes a number of advisory and training activities designed to help to achieve the organization’s objectives as listed hereunder:
- Diagnose and assess the current management system, policies, processes, and procedures in relation to EFQM excellence standards.
- Develop a comprehensive feedback report presenting the organization’s strengths and areas for improvement compared to the EFQM Excellence Model.
- Lead and support the implementation of the areas for improvement at the organization by aligning the current management system to be EFQM based, including organizational policies, processes, and procedures.
- Perform different kinds of EFQM excellence awareness sessions and validator site visit workshops to all the organization employees to promote a culture of business excellence.
- Perform EFQM Excellence Standard mock assessment to the organization.
– Provide recommendations and implement areas for improvement after the mock assessment.
- Assist EFQM Validator in conducting a site visit and obtain C2E (Committed To Excellence) Certification
6 Phases methodology
With overall coordination and support by a Program Management Office (PMO).
Phase 1: Scoping and Key Factors Gathering
1.1 Collect all information for key factors analysis to include stakeholders, organizational structure, processes, and systems, etc.
1.2 Conduct meetings with top management to understand the current situation and vision.
1.3 Conduct personal and group meetings with process owners and key individuals to better understand the situation at the organization and collect necessary data.
Deliverables: Key Business Information Report
Phase 2: Self-Assessment Process
2.1 Develop an assessment plan with the organization team according to the EFQM dynamic assessment framework, the RADAR logic, and Assessment tools.
2.2 Assess and diagnose the current management system at the organization based on the EFQM Excellence Model, including business processes, policies, and procedures.
The initial assessment will be done through a set of interviews and workshop with the organization higher management and employees according to their level and roles within the organization
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement based on the EFQM Excellence Model.
- Identify excellent key themes for the organization.
- Determine the 3 Key Priority Projects.
- Feedback Report outlining strengths and areas for improvement.
- 3 Priority Projects.
- Action plan for implementing areas for improvements at the organization
- C2E Application – version 1
Phase 3: Organizational Alignment and Implementation of the EFQM Excellence Model through the Priority Projects.
3.1 Implement areas for improvement action plan through the identified 3 priority projects and by developing and deploying corporate excellence approaches based on EFQM model latest Version, document, and align new Excellence approaches to the organization strategy and operational planning.
3.2 Fully align the organization management system, business processes and corporate policies and procedures to the EFQM Excellence Model latest version
- Implementation of areas for improvement through the 3 priority Projects
- Documentation of the new Corporate Excellence approaches in the EFQM enabler map format.
- Alignment of the organization management system, business processes, and corporate policies and procedures to the EFQM Excellence model 2020
- C2E Application – Version 2
Phase 4: Harnessing Excellence Culture at the organization
4.1 According to development needs and learning objectives, and harness the culture of excellence at the organization, we will train the following categories of employees at the organization on EFQM Excellence model 2020:
- The Leadership and Management Team
- Quality and Excellence Team
- Rest of the organization employees
4.2 EFQM awareness sessions will include:
- EFQM Awareness sessions to introduce the 2020 Model and RADAR Logic
- Awareness Workshop on how to deal with EFQM Validator during site visit validation
- Perform Training mentioned above
- Training impact assessment and evaluation report
Phase 5: Mock Assessment and Validator Site Visit readiness
- Prepare The organization employees for live validations by conducting a mock assessment similar to the assessment carried by EFQM Validator.
- Mock assessment will include all the organization’s organizational units and employees.
- Prepare a final feedback report developed based on the carried mock assessment and focusing on further areas for improvement at the organization.
- Ensure the readiness of the organization to comply with C2E criteria and the EFQM Excellence Model.
- Conduct an awareness workshop to prepare the organization employees for the C2E Validator Site visit.
- Conducting a mock assessment.
- Mock assessment final feedback report.
- Delivery of a two-day awareness workshop to all the organization employees on how to deal with Validator during the assessment site visit.
Phase 6: Validator Site Visit and Official Assessment
- Guiding the organization team during the validation process.
- Attend the opening meeting to support the organization team.
- Attend the personal meeting and focus groups to support the organization team.
- Attend the Closing meeting to support the organization team
- C2E Certification
- Validation Report
- Support by a Project Management Office (PMO)
The PMO integrates the six supporting elements required for the successful delivery of complex projects. The PMO is a support function to the Project Manager.
The Project Manager retains accountability for the delivery of the project.
An effective PMO provides strong and effective control with minimal overhead in project delivery. The PMO provides change enablement support and risk and issues management processes.
- The PMO provides comprehensive support from the very beginning
Of the project through to completion.
- Project Initialization: Each work-step will have a defined charter with clearly identified scope, key milestones, and responsibility matrix for delivery.
- Progress Tracking & Reporting: The PMO will collect and analyze progress data for each work-step to provide clear visibility to the Project Manager and Steering Committee.
- Stakeholder Communication Management: Stakeholder identification and active management of project communications are essential for success in a project introducing major change. Stakeholder maps and impact analysis will be used and maintained throughout.
- Risk Management: Uses a highly structured project risk management approach providing mapping of risks against project timeline and integrating mitigating actions.
- Issue Management: A defined process is established for identifying, tracking, and managing project issues.
- Project Change Control: All changes to the project plan must be actively assessed, and updates to scope, milestones, and responsibilities matrices are recorded.
When mere survival in business is not the objective, an organization needs to implement best practices as well as making it a habit to use tools to thrive in business. In order to achieve that goal, it’s no surprise that the cost must be controlled, and waste must be minimalized or eliminated. This is one of the must do areas in the time of disruption where we need to revisit the way we do business and the way we organize the workplace.
The many benefits that an organization can reap from implementing 5S methods on the production line or in the business office are enlisted below –
- Identify Abnormality.
- Identify areas of wastages and reduce the waste.
- Improve productivity.
- Reduce cost
- Improve safety.
The importance of Teamwork and Teamwork improvement through everyone’s participation is critical both for implementing as well as sustaining the improvements.
The most important take home from this is how 5S can work towards QUICK WINS for better ways to do business.
In Pinnacle we understand the importance of applying the scientific yet practical ways of doing the business; we help our clients to be more productive and cost efficient using appropriate Lean Six Sigma Tools while assisting clients in achieving their business objective and goals.
In Pinnacle, our service delivery consultants will be able to help you assess quickly your workplace through our assessment methodology and design and recommend the best plans based on 5S and deploy the plans in your workplace, whether it is an office, production room, factory, or manufacturing facilities.
Our Audit Team will be able to support in continuous improvements and making sure that what our consultants team have agreed upon with you and your team is implemented so that your business achieve the cost efficiency and effectiveness in process you desire to be competitive.
Pinnacle is a multi-countries consultancy firm, our consultants are spread around the world; we have built our organization on modern business model with agility, diversity, and resilience to the business dynamics, we have chosen our technology platform to support our modern mindset thus we work from anywhere …. As work is not a place anymore. We implement Lean Six Sigma in everything we do whether internally or externally at our client sites.
Please use contact us and one of our business development managers will be calling you to support